Download the resource pack for this challenge to share with your students.
As part of this free challenge teachers in Tyne and Wear can sign up to take part in the following activities:
- Online Teacher CPD: Thursday 14 October at 4pm
- Online workshop for students: Thursday 21 October at 11.30am or 1.30pm (book for one session only)
To register your interest in taking part in the challenge or to sign up for a free activities please email email@example.com
Don't forget to upload your invention ideas here by Friday 26 November 2021.
Metro Invention Challenge Resource Pack
Presentation, teacher notes and activity sheets. All you need to take part in the challenge.
Metro Invention Challenge Drawing Sheet
Tell us all about your amazing invention using the drawing sheet
How to enter!
You can submit more than one invention idea.
Submit invention ideas through our upload page.
- Draw your inventionon our Metro Invention Challenge Drawing Sheet
- Scan the *whole* sheetas straight on as possible
- Upload it in JPEG, PNG or GIF format (choose a file)
Each invention idea will comprise of an image of a clear drawing, the name, age and location of the inventor, the name of the invention and a description, and a contact email address.
Examples of scanned images
Terms and conditions
- This Challenge is open to all children resident in Tyne and Wear aged between 9 and 11 years old.
- Any individual may upload as many invention ideas as they wish.
- All entries must be original and the entrant's own work.
- Uploading of an invention drawing should only be done by a responsible adult with appropriate permissions from the inventor and their parent/guardian. Once uploaded, it is in the public domain and visible to anyone who looks at the website to see all the wacky and wonderful ideas.
- Only uploaded invention ideas that meet our threshold for quality will be displayed in the online gallery, this includes the relevant text information about the student and the idea. Only ideas in the gallery will be considered for making. The judgment on this threshold is entirely at our discretion and we will not enter into any communications about our decision.
- The closing date for submissions is 26th November 2021 at midnight.
- As the creator you will always own the copyright to your invention drawing, and by uploading it you grant Nexus and Little Inventors non-exclusive, worldwide and perpetual rights to use, implement, reproduce and commercialise your content. This means we can use it at exhibits, on our website, and it might even feature in one of our books!
- As part of the Metro Invention challenge we will choose some invention ideas to make real, which is a magnificent part of Little Inventors. It is our decision which inventions will be made real and how many.
- If your invention is chosen, we will be in touch to involve you in the making process so you can guide how your idea is made real. We will cover all costs, and own the object afterwards whereby it may be used in exhibitions or other Little Inventors activities.
- Any activities with the objects made real or their creators are not guaranteed and are liable to change or cancellation at any time, without notice.
- Our purpose is to give children the freedom and inspiration to use their imagination and creativity to come up with fantastic, funny and far-out invention ideas.
- In order to be involved in the Challenge, you must agree to the rules and conditions above. Therefore, please read these carefully twice and make sure you are happy to continue. By uploading an invention drawing you agree to the rules and conditions here stated.